Shop with TireRack and help out the club!

General CKR Happenings
Forum rules
NOTE: All content in this forum is displayed publicly on the web to all users, regardless of being logged in.
Michael
Site Admin

Shop with TireRack and help out the club!

Post by Michael »

79MALIBU

Re: Shopping for Dunlop Direzza ZII's? Get a $50 Mastercard.

Post by 79MALIBU »

Do you know of another "Hot Tire"?

The widest 17" tire is 255. I am running 275.
Michael
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

That's gonna be tough in a 17 since the big tired street cars they'd be designing for are mostly 18-20.

The R1R is in that size, but I don't know anything about it's performance on a large tire.
SilverGT

Post by SilverGT »

79MALIBU wrote:Do you know of another "Hot Tire"?

The widest 17" tire is 255. I am running 275.
The Kumho Ectsa XS is the only one that I know of that has the 275. Not as good as the RS-3 or Rival, but still a good tire. The AC Cobra drove on these last year and I tried them three years ago. The treadwear is 180, so you will need to check to see if it is legal in your class. I think the new street tire class will require 200 treadwear in 2015.
79MALIBU

Post by 79MALIBU »

Doing to some research and noticed I purchased my front tires, Nitto NT01, in 2010. They still have tons of tread. . . I see a track day in near future.

So, anybody gonna mess with CAM class? What is that Red Camaro Gonna do? Are we going to see the 1965 AC Cobra at a national?

It seems to me the RTU class is a better place for the Classic cars on the local level. We all know bigger groups are more fun. Just curious, what will be the Scoring trailers first instinct for Classing when a new guy shows up with a Hot-rod and asks what class to be in?

As for tires, I guess I run the first few events on old rubber.