Points event #8 this weekend, August 11th

News and information about CKR's Solo/Autocross program
Forum rules
NOTE: All content in this forum is displayed publicly on the web to all users, regardless of being logged in.
Michael
Site Admin

Points event #8 this weekend, August 11th

Post by Michael »

Join us for Points Event #8 of the 2013 CKRSCCA Autocross Season!

http://www.ckrscca.org/events/2013/8/11/points-event-8
79MALIBU

Re: Points event #8 this weekend, August 11th

Post by 79MALIBU »

All this work is getting in the way of my hobbies! I will be in Toyota Alabama commissioning a retooled V6 line.

However there is a points event in AL SCCA. . .
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=1000+Amp ... 0&t=m&z=16" target="_blank
E's Midnite Auto

Post by E's Midnite Auto »

I have to go to Maryland for work, so I'll be missing too.
79MALIBU

Post by 79MALIBU »

So there is a Construction scheduling conflict. Primary Buss will be turned off all weekend. So I drove back Friday, 6 hours, and immediately went to work at the Church of the Malibeast. Offerings were raised several times, but the beast appears to be purring again. So count me in tomorrow!

...and it's only 6pm. Finished early today. Time for late night joy rides.
Goble

Post by Goble »

Dangit to hell!!! Guess my season is over. I just rounded off another damn Wheel Spacer Lug Nut! I still haven't replaced the one I had to drill out 2 weeks ago, which means if I drill this one I'd only have 3 lug nuts holding it on, not good! Maybe I'll have it fixed by the next Fun Run. I wanted to put cross drilled and slotted Rotors on anyhow, so here's my excuse to go ahead and do it. Y'all have fun tomorrow!
79MALIBU

Post by 79MALIBU »

10pm, Malibeast has Raised the offering again. I miss 24hr parts stores. At least I'm catch'n on to what ails the beast.
79MALIBU

Post by 79MALIBU »

I guess I'm not gonna make. Car ran great for about 30 miles, then went to hell again. I have noticed it goes straight to hell every time i drive away from Greg's house. I don't know what he is doing, or when. I watched him the whole time, but some I am sure it is sabotage.

I am beginning to think the entire fuel system is contaminated. I have filled up two fuel filters with trash and there is no telling what got by them. I had some welding work done on the fuel tank. That is when the trouble started. I cleaned it best I could, but perhaps trash stayed trapped in the baffles? Anyway something is keeping is from maintaining fuel pressure. It idles great. Its 2am. . . I give.
79MALIBU

Post by 79MALIBU »

Ya ever notice the post times are off by 3 hours?
79MALIBU

Post by 79MALIBU »

If you ever need some aluminum welded up, gas tank or radiator, I can tell you where NOT to go. I have ran about 70 gallons of water through my fuel tank. I know because I was using 5 gallon buckets to catch and inspect the water. A lot more really big stuff cam out. Tiny pieces still coming out. All this debris keeps clogging my fuel filters. It also seems the filter basket in the fuel injectors is also clogged. So the intake has to come apart to get the fuel injectors out.

Anyway, this is a good excuse to upgrade the fuel injectors.